When the MOON is in Sagittarius
See the column to the right for today’s Moon sign. This text is for days when the Moon is in Sagittarius.
- Today’s Question: “Why not?”
- Today’s Gods: Jupiter, the God of Thunder and pretty much the boss of all the other gods. Don’t let the “hail fellow well met” persona fool you; Leo may be the crown prince, but Sagittarius is the real king of the zodiac.
- Today’s Guides: gamblers, pundits, judges, professors, jockeys, publishers, travel agents, clowns.
- Celebrity Docents: Harpo Marx, Winston Churchill, Carrie Nation, Jimi Hendrix, Louisa May Alcott, Mark Twain, Woody Allen, Bette Midler, Maria Rilke, Robert Hand, William Randolph Hearst, Frank Sinatra, Jon Stewart, Steven Spielberg, David Mamet, Diego Rivera, David Carradine, Jim Morrison, Walt Disney, Jeff Bridges, Jane Austin, Margaret Mead, Paul Klee, Keith Richards
- Today’s assignments: Take a chance; try something new; display the courage of your convictions, but don’t be afraid to laugh at yourself.
Recently, a debate broke out among some of my colleagues as we discussed how we felt about sharing our own birth charts in public. Several in the “no how, no way” camp had strong Scorpio or Pluto signatures in their charts, while others with Sagittarius prominent felt no qualms at all about sharing this information. For Scorpio, the sticking point was privacy. “There’s no way I’m giving anyone my chart, because it contains information that could be used against me,” was the general sentiment.
The Sagittarius mindset is completely different, and it’s tempting to think that’s because Sagittarius is simply more optimistic about human nature, more trusting. But I don’t think that’s it, exactly; rather, for Sagittarius the question is one of freedom. The freedom to follow a wild, imaginative path toward thrilling vistas requires Sagittarius to travel light – and to live in the light. The only things that can be used against us, Sagittarius reasons, are the things we try desperately to keep hidden – from other people, and from ourselves. The less Sagittarius hides, the freer, more energetic, and more creative he or she is free to be.
If you’re a private Scorpio type, a shy Cancerian, or a dignified Capricorn, you may never be as comfortable as Sagittarius about sharing your secrets. But today, while the Moon is in this uninhibited sign, take your cue from Sagittarian Bette Midler and try, at the very least, not to take yourself too seriously. Laughing first gives others the chance to laugh with you (watch Scorpio Johnny Carson trying to keep a straight face in this video!), rather than at you: