See the column to the right for today’s Moon sign. This text is for days when the Moon is in Pisces.
- Today’s Question: “Where is the love?”
- Today’s Gods: Jupiter, the God of Thunder and pretty much the boss of all the other gods. (This explains why Pisces are not really as meek as astrological tradition would have you believe.) Also Neptune, the god of the ocean, representing Pisces primordial connection with all other beings.
- Today’s Guides: fish and fishermen; mystics and priests; poets, painters, and musicmakers; drunks and addicts; your tired, your poor, your huddled masses burning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, the homeless tempest-tossed.
- Today’s Celebrity Docents: Pisces natives Nat King Cole; W.H. Auden; George Harrison; Pierre Renoir; Drew Barrymore; Johnny Cash; Linus Pauling; Dr. Suess; Jane Goodall; Jack Kerouac; James Taylor; Percival Lowell; Albert Einstein; Mr. Rogers.
- Today’s assignments: Just to love, and be loved in return.
A nap… you could really use a nap. For the two-and-a-half days each month when the Moon is in Pisces, you alternate between being delightfully sociable and finding your fellow humans unendurably exhausting to be around. Suddenly, you find that you absorb every emotion around you – joy, anger, jealousy, inspiration. Holding all that emotion can make you feel heavy, like a rain cloud before a storm or a sponge that needs wringing out.
Like the sleek, vulnerable fish for which it’s named, Pisces is a gentle creature with only a few scales for protection. No matter how tough you normally are, today you may find that you feel vulnerable and prone. Wiley escape may feel like your only defense – and this is excellent astral weather for time spent alone in rest, reflection, and meditation. Excellent, too, for the dreamy music of Piscean James Taylor: