See the column to the right for today’s Moon sign. This text is for days when the Moon is in Aries.
- Today’s Question: “Why wait?”
- Today’s Gods: Mars, the god of war.
- Today’s Guides: soldiers, martial artists, metal workers, athletes, race car drivers, percussionists, hawks, stinging insects, lifeguards, rascals, rams.
- Celebrity Docents: Aretha Franklin, Russell Crowe, Gloria Steinem, Marlon Brando, Maya Angelou, Spencer Tracey, Ram Dass, Charlie Chaplin, Betty Ford.
- Today’s assignment: This is the Nike moon: “Just do it.”
I’ve always thought of Aries as the Nike moon: “Just do it” is the motto for the day. I used to work with a guy who was born with the Moon in Aries, and he had an invigorating influence on my life. He spurred me into recording a demo tape of some songs I’d written, after years of procrastination. And he was instrumental in convincing me to break things off with a man I’d been seeing for a couple of years who was having a less than positive effect on my life. Sure, he’s a creep, I’d say; but at least I’m not alone – why should I break it off (knowing full well that “creepiness” was cause enough)? Just do it, urged my friend. I did, and felt better about myself.
Our paths have diverged over the years, but whenever I whine and belly-ache about my self-doubts and insecurities, whenever I make excuses for not doing the things I’m afraid to do, his is that small, annoying voice prodding me from the sidelines.
Today, while the Moon is in Aries, don’t make excuses. Don’t give in to self-doubt or fear, and as this song from Aries Nick Lowe reminds us, be brave enough to live a life that’s right for you, not one that’s meant for someone else: