Certainly, eclipses falling in your 7th house or in aspect to natal Venus or your 7th house ruler are signs that your relationship world is likely to be rocked by change. But lunar eclipses, by virtue of the Sun and Moon being in opposing signs (symbolizing self and other), all represent – to some extent – critical moments in evaluating relationships.
For those who aren’t in a romantic relationship, or are in one that isn’t going well, eclipses might well mark times of finding or ending a romance. But what if you’re in a romantic relationship or partnership and it’s going just fine? Your union may come through these eclipses intact and strong, with only a few long-delayed adjustments. If the rest of your birth chart bears this out, however – and especially if this year’s eclipses are impacting those sensitive relationship areas I mentioned above – you may well find that your happy relationship isn’t as secure as it seemed.
On the other hand, romantic partnerships are not the only relationships in our lives (just the ones we’re most likely to be obsessed about). What about the 99.999% of the relationships in our lives that don’t involve yearning looks across a crowded room or intimate physical contact? What might the upcoming lunar eclipse have to say about the ordinary human connections among family members, friends, colleagues, and casual acquaintances? Here are some thoughts:
If you are born with the Sun or Ascendant (especially within 0-8 degrees of the sign) in:
- Aries or Libra – The May 25 Lunar Eclipse in Sagittarius (Sun in Gemini) suggests the relationships most likely to be impacted for you are those with friends and associates, including: creative and political allies, your children and pets, those with whom you share love (or at least attraction) at first sight, fans of your work, and fellow members of community, fraternal, or trade organizations.
- Taurus/Scorpio – Here’s where things are likely to get a little sexy, because the relationships most likely to be impacted by these eclipses are those involving money, security, shared resources, and physical and/or psychological intimacy – including your therapist, your financial manager, and, yes, the person/persons who share your bed.
- Gemini/Sagittarius -Yours are the signs most likely to experience critical transitions in your romantic partnerships, closest friendships, and business collaborators. You may begin a new relationship, leave one that isn’t working, or make important changes in an ongoing relationship. There’s also the matter of the relationship you have with yourself….
- Cancer/Capricorn – Look for charged relationships with co-workers, those in charge of your health care, service animals (back off, Fido!), and those with whom you have an unequal relationship (for instance, those whom you admire, but who don’t return your affection – or your phone calls).
- Leo/Aquarius - The relationships most likely to be impacted by these eclipses are those involving neighbors, siblings, teachers, and spiritual leaders.
- Virgo/Pisces – This eclipse suggests changes in your home and heart, and in your career direction. Where are you coming from – and where are you headed? Relationships especially subject to crisis and review are those between parents and children, between bosses and employees, and any relationship in which one person has more status than the other.