Read my books!
My book, The Essential Guide to Practical Astrology, covers everything from signs to progressions – all in an easy-to-swallow style that will make you laugh, make you think, and make you learn astrology.
Ordering information here.
My latest book, Astrological Transits, takes you deep into the heart of astrology’s most important predictive tool. “Kent makes the intricacies of reading transits accessible and fun. Laced with the reassuring common sense of her years of actual practice, it’s also thorough enough to teach you everything you need to know about interpreting past, current, and future skies. Yet the real delight is the author’s witty and insightful take on the factors.” – Dana Gerhardt, Mooncircles.com.
Details and ordering information here.
How I Learned Astrology – Everyone follows his or her particular path to astrological enlightenment, but I suspect all these routes share a few common landmarks: first wading in shyly, then stalking and mastering various techniques, proceeding to the preliminary stage of inflicting ghastly readings on unsuspecting clients, and eventually learning from experience and from great people you respect….
read the article here
- “Where does the transit fall in my chart?” Step-by-step instructions
- Where’s the Moon? – A list of the Moon’s signs for the current year.
- Mercury Retrograde – What it’s about, and dates for this year.
- Quick Guide to Aspects – Download this PDF cheat sheet!
Blog Posts for Learners
- Finding Your Transits
- Dissociate (out-of-sign) aspects
- Personal Planetary Order
- Astrological Grammar
- Derivative Houses
- Progressed Sun changing signs
- Houses of the Horoscope: What do they mean?
- Quick facts: Signs of the Zodiac
Lucky you – compared to the tragic, pre-Internet Jurassic Era in which I learned to ply the astrologer’s trade, you have the entire world of astrology at your fingertips! But if you’re mostly self-taught, it can be really valuable to spend some time with a teacher to make sure there are no shocking gaps in your learning and to help you sort out the stuff that is hard to learn on your own.
- Kepler College
- International Academy of Astrology
- The Mountain Astrologer magazine’s Beginner Series
- American Federation of Astrologers Correspondence Course
Friends & Resources
A list of my internet compadres can be found here! Stop by and show ’em some love.